Thursday, August 22, 2013

Goodwin Dam, Lake Tulloch, CA.
In my quest to find cool locations and places to shoot I found Goodwin Dam, it is a hidden gem near Lake Tulloch in California. It was behind a closed entry gate to vehicles and was a short walk to get to the dam. I was pleasantly surprised by what I found. The best way to describe it's shape is like a double horseshoe. There was no way I was going to get the whole thing in my shot so I chose to take several up close pictures. The top picture, while not the best in composition was uploaded here to just try and show the scale. These rocks at the bottom of the spillway were huge. The second shot from the top is my favorite from this shoot. Somebody commented to me while looking at this picture that "It looks like someone is pouring sugar". I love finding new things to shoot. 




No comments:

Post a Comment