Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pick Just One.................

Pick Just One
I am on several photography groups and was just recently asked to pick my favorite picture. Geez I had no idea how hard that would be.  Well I picked this one. This picture to me represented a bucket list thing of  mine "Must get Pictures". I love animals, whales, sea life etc. I was fortunate enough to return to Alaska in 2013 and while in Juneau we headed out whale watching. I jokingly told my friend "Yeah I just want to see a breaching whale" well my wish (bucket list) came true, while out our Captain and crew spotted a mother and baby humpback whale, this baby appeared to be having recess after a long school day, she kept breaching and rolling and slapping the water. WOW!! I also had the camera gear I needed to get the shots, in the back of my mind the whole time I was out there, "please be in focus". I got so many great shots that day of this baby. When I returned home and really started going through all my images I sent this one to the crew because while on board the naturalist told me if I got any good ones she would love to see them. Well after doing that I was contacted that they wanted to add this image of this baby to the Juneau Registry of whales for identification! I was thrilled to provide the image. So this at the moment is my favorite picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment